Please call Special Pals for your spay or neuter surgery appointment today between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at 281-579-PETS (7387) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Pals accepts cash, Visa, and Mastercard. Checks are not accepted. Our surgery days are growing by demand, so please call for an appointment or email us with "Surgery Appt." in the subject.
Drop-off 8:00 am to 8:30 am
Pick-up 5:00 pm, unless we call you and let you know your animal is ready to go earlier.
- No food or water after 10pm the night before procedure
- No dipping for fleas for 2 weeks prior to surgery date
- Companion animal must be on a leash or in a carrier
- We reserve the right to refuse service to aggressive animals
All companion animals must be on a non-retractable leash or in a pet carrier. Please keep your companion animal with you at all times.
- Register and check in at front desk.
- We require your payment in advance. Cash, Visa, and Mastercard are accepted. No bills larger than $20, please - we appreciate exact change. Checks are not accepted.
- Our lobby has limited space, and we may ask you to return to your car. You will be able to accompany your pet into the exam room.
- You will be called when it is your appointment time.
- Your companion animal will be weighed and will be taken into the exam room to receive his/her shots.
- Each visit lasts roughly 10 minutes per animal - we strive for speedy visits!
Please remember that Special Pals hosts a low cost wellness clinic and is not a full service veterinary hospital. That is why we can keep our prices so low.
Please see the event calendar for the schedule of Walk in Wellness clinics. Wellness clinics are done on a walk in basis from 10 am-5 pm (last patient at 4:45). No appointments are needed. We add additional clinic days quite often, so please check the events calendar by clicking here, calling 281-579-7387 or emailing email@example.com.
All animals under 6 months old must be current on vaccinations. All puppies must be vaccinated against: Canine distemper, Adenovirus Type 2, Coronavirus, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Bordetella bronchiseptica, and rabies. All kittens must be vaccinated against: Rhinotracheitis, Callici, Panleukapenia, Chlamydia, Psittaci.
If your adult animal is not current on vaccines, we highly recommend you choose to vaccinate him or her at the time of surgery. Rabies is required by law and will be required at the time of surgery (if not already done).
During surgery we use Isoflourane gas, injectible anesthesia, separate sterile surgery packs, and dissolvable sutures. Injectable pain medication is given to each animal prior to surgery and a free dose of oral medication is given for the next day. During preparation, surgery, and recovery, pets are observed with heart/pulse monitors. Towels, blankets, and heating pads are used to regulate body temperature and keep your pet comfortable.
We may also micro chip your companion while they are under anesthesia for an additional fee.
The Special Pals staff loves every companion animal, but for the safety of the staff and other animals in our care, we reserve the right to refuse service to aggressive animals.
Feral cats must be brought in a trap. The ear will be notched. Please call for feral and stray or unowned cat spay and neuter pricing and assistance. We have traps available.
You may fill out this form and bring it with you on the day of surgery.
3830 Greenhouse Road
Houston, Texas 77084
Click here for a map and directions